On The Oscars, From A Grouch
1. I feel bad for Chad Lowe. He spent his entire life living in the Marsha!, Marsha!, Marsha! like shadow of his brother, Rob and now this.
2. Note the dude who really wrote that song from The Motorcycle Diaries acceptance speech. He came up and proceeeded to sing an excerpt from the song, trying undo in 30 seconds or less, all the damage Antonio Banderas had done earlier that same evening.
3. At 74 and 67, respectively, Clint Eastwood and Morgan Freeman are cooler than you and I will ever be.
4. Someone seriosly needs to sit Johnny Depp down and tell him that he is not, in fact, an actual pirate.
5. Note to Dustin Hoffman: nobody, and I mean NOBODY, pulls off a drunken stupor at the Oscars and gets away with it. Except of course, Nicholson. In that case, it's a prerequisite.
6. Who else wanted to see the two old guys from The Muppets spice things up a bit and stand next to stuck up starlet, Scarlett Johansson in that balcony?
7. Why, why do we need to see all of the nominees standing in a row as if they are about to sing Kellerman's theme from Dirty Dancing? Seriously guys, the show is 77 freakin' years old. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
8. Wacky Sean Penn was a barrel of laughs, as usual.
9. Looks like it's back to Plan A for Lowell from Wings. Sorry but, lightning just does not strike twice.
10. From where I was sitting, Chris Rock, at the risk of sounding cliche, rocked.